Monday 24 August 2020

MuonRay Enterprises Now Based in The Canary Islands For New Research Opportunities!

 

I am pleased to announce that starting this week I am now based in Las Palmas in Gran Canaria for an exciting new series of research projects involving the testing of new imaging technologies for use in drones and astronomical optics.

Some of the new projects I am involving myself in include further testing of infrared optics for use in drone cameras and a brand new technique I have been developing that uses Ultraviolet filters to allow for real-time Near-Ultraviolet Drone Filming and Photography.


A Near-UV test photo - The Dry Conditions and high UV radiance of the Canary Islands should allow for excellent filming conditions. 

I am confident that this new technique of imaging will open up a whole new field of environmental imaging in the near-UV that will be an exclusively drone-based imaging technique for remote sensing.


I am also working on new infrared imaging techniques for use in astronomy using cryocooled sensors I have been developing in Ireland for use in astrophysical imaging and filming in the Long-Wavelength Infrared (LWIR) that I have been developing in Ireland for some years now. A video of such a cryocooler I will be using with a LWIR CCD sensor is shown below:


Thank you very much for all the supporters of these projects in the past and the future is looking very bright indeed for research for the next couple of months and hopefully beyond here in Gran Canaria!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.